Monday, November 30, 2009

Essay2-03a Language Learning Stories

I’m a Japanese speaker and my family too. My Japanese learning had started since I was born. I’m sorry I don’t know when I began to learn Japanese. However my memories are with Japanese and Amakusa dialect. On the other hand I remember when I started to study English. It is when I was 4 years old, and I study it yet in my university. I also study Spanish a little. In the future, I want to work with English. Therefore I’ll talk about my English leaning.

In the future, I want to be an international flight attendant. It is need high English skill. Even I can’t be it. I want to work with English. I also enjoy English, seeing movies, watching foreign TV program and listening music. Speaking of other language, I’ll study Spanish. Spanish are used in all over the world, by many speakers. If I speak both of English and Spanish, I could communicate more people, and get more information.

I’ll on trail. I went to English school and enjoy games in English at 4. But I don’t become a good English speaker. Why? I think I spoke easy English just in the school. At home and school, I spoke Japanese mixing with the dialect.

At elementary school, English class started when I was 5th grad. I sang English songs and play game with English. I didn’t learn how to make English sentences. I learned English in earnest at junior high school. At first I learned alphabet. Yet I could write English sentence and read short story in English. The English class program is so speedy. I had a lot of homework and need preparation of the class. When I was a senior high school student, I studied more difficult English. I have oral English class, writing class and reading class. My teacher asked to memory many words, too. At times, I had exam to check how many the words I remember.

Current I study English in KGU. The reason why I major it is that I want to speak English well. And I would like to work with English. I study English every day, but I’m afraid that I can’t speak it fluently, listen and read well. I worry why I can’t be English speaker, and I decide to go the English speaking world for a month. Going and stay there will give me valuable experience and English ability. I hope that. Not only at school, but also I study English at home to pass Eiken and TOIEC. It might help my working in the future.

My learning English started at four, and studied speaking, listening and reading skills and grammar in junior and senior high school. I think, however, it was not practical. It is to pass the exam to enter next school. In my university, I learn more practical English. I want to gain English to use in my life. I need practical English. I would like to say joke in English, and understand American joke, too. (503 words)

4 comments:

machiko said...

Hello!! your essay is very easy to understand. Which do you think difficult English or Spanish?

sayaka said...

Hi,Hikaru!
Your essay is so great!
If you are flight attendant, where will you go?

saki said...

What skill do you think to important the best? Please tell me.

Pika said...

Thanks for your comments!


I feel Spanish is more difficule to study than English, because I don't see spanish around me. However there are english anywhere; on TV, in magazines and so on. So we can listen English and read it anytime. Yet, I guess speaking is most important skill, and I need it. Taliking is best way to comunicate.

Finally I want to go all over the world!! Let's go together☆