Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Essay2-02b Website Reviwe Revision

I want to write about my study on websites. I found them about my favorite actor, Cameron Diaz, and Halloween. The reason why I study about them is that I’m interested in both of them, and I want knowledge about them. I learn Cameron’s life, and Halloween is like Japanese obon.

At first, I’ll talk about Cameron Diaz. I admire her. Since her smile is charming, I can’t believe she is 30 years old over. I want to know source of her attraction. I found her smile was well.

According to the website I found, she was called “Skeletor”, because her smile infected others. I felt she has capable to make other smile. I want smile like her.

The website also says that she left home at 16 age, and live in about five countries; Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco and France. I envy her. But coming the chance like this, I can’t challenge. I also have an anxiety to go alone. I will be lonely. She is a good challenger. I feel she has become a big star because of invaluable experiences.

I found Cameron got many prize more than I predicted. For example, she was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the “100sexuest Stars” in film history in 1995. And People Magazine chose her as one of the “50 Most Beautiful” people in the world in 1998. People all over the world seem to feel she is beauty and affective.

Next I’ll explain about Halloween. Halloween is coming soon! I long for Halloween parade to dress-up and walk around saying “Trick or treat”. I have never done yet. I don’t know about it well, so I learn.

A website about Halloween tell us object of Halloween, each counties’ traditional of Halloween and so on. It says Halloween is All Hollows Eve. The day, on November 1st, is an important date on the Catholic calendar. I have understood Christmas is a Christian event, but I found Halloween is, too. Therefore Halloween provides all over the world. Each countries seem to have different traditional. It is interesting. I want to try to visit these countries on the day!

Halloween is a time to observe and honor saints. People believed that the souls of the dead come back to earth to visit their families or friends on Nov.1. I feel this is similar with Japanese obon. On the day, Japanese light Japanese lanterns. On Halloween, lanterns made from pumpkin are lighted. Don’t you feel they are similar?

I think Halloween has exciting a ceremony whish obon doesn’t have. It is to dress-up and walk around the town asking “Trick or treat”, I said before. The parade is to discourage and frighten away these spirits. They believe the spirits are evils. While Japanese believe spirits are our ancestors, and my family. So I think we don’t have noisy ceremony like Halloween. (479 words)

No comments: