Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Essay2-02a Website Review

I want to write about my study on websites.

At first, about Cameron Diaz. I admire her. Since her smile is charming, I can’t believe she is 30 years old over. I want to know source of her attraction. I found her smile was well.

As a child, she was called "Skeletor," because of her infection smile. She has capable to make other smile. I want smile like her.

She left at 16, and live at about 5 countries; Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco and Paris. I envy her. Bur coming the chance like this, I can’t challenge. I also have an anxiety to go alone. I will be lonely. She is a good challenger. I feel those invaluable experiences have formatted what she is.

Cameron got many prizes. For example, she was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the “100sexuest Stars” in film history in 1995. And People Magazine chose her as one of the “50 Most Beautiful” people in the world in 1998.

Next I’ll explain about Halloween. Halloween is coming soon! I long for Halloween parade to dress-up and walk around saying “Trick or treat”. I have never done yet. I don’t know about it well, so I learn.

Halloween is All Hollows Eve. The day, on November 1st, is an important date on the Catholic calendar. I have understood Christmas is a Christian event, but I found Halloween is, too. Therefore Halloween provides all over the world. The website I fond says each countries have different traditional. It is interesting. I want to try to visit these countries on the day!

Halloween is a time to observe and honor saints. Then people believed that the souls of the dead come back to earth to visit their families or friends on Nov.1. I feel this is like Japanese obon. On the day, Japanese light Japanese lanterns. On Halloween, lanterns made by pumpkin are lighted. It is quite similar, I feel.

I think Halloween has exciting a ceremony whish obon doesn’t have. It is to dress-up and walk around the town asking “Trick or treat”, I said before. The parade is to discourage and frighten away these spirits. They believe the spirits are evils. While Japanese believe spirits are our ancestors, and my family. So in my opinion we don’t have noisy ceremony like Halloween.

On website, there are huge information. More and more I search on net, more and more I got new knowledge. (408words)




http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000139/
Having many imformation about her, it is intrestiong.

http://www.jackolanterns.net/index.htm
Helloween looks so exciting.


8 comments:

Sayaka said...

Hi! Hikaru! I did not know about Halloween is like Obon in Japanese. Please tell me about dishes for Halloween.

Yuriboooh said...

Hi Hikaru. I like Cameron Diaz too. Do you often watch her movies od DVDs? I have watchesd some. However I forgot them titles(;;)

Risa said...

I also looked at Halloween website. So I want to visit other countries on Halloween day, too. It sound interesting!

aya said...

Which movie of Cameron Diaz do you like? And, what did you do on this Halloween? I only watched baseball game.Haha...

saki said...

I didn't know about Halloween is Japanese obon. I think halloween is good culture. What do you think?

Yusuke said...

Hi Hikaru, I could know Vamron Diaz and Halloween in your essays. These are interesting and nice information!

mangi madang said...

Hello Hikaru.

I like Cameron Diaz when she was appeared on "Mask" the best. She is very beautiful actress.



Toshi

Pika said...

Thanks everyone for comments!

To Sayaka,
In my opinion, there is no dishes for Halloween. But chinldren may eat many candies.

To Yuribooh,
You like Cameron Diaz, too?!Good☆
I like "In Her Shoese" the best in her works.

To Aya,
On this Halloween, I had a good time with my family, and exchange e-mail with you about the game.
I hope to watch the game at a stadium next Halloween(^^)/

To Saki,
I think Halloween is nice, too. It is exciting. Did you dress-up this Halloween?